As your birth doula our main goal is to educate, empower, and support you to achieve the birth experience that is important to you. We partner with you during the latter stages of pregnancy and guide you through your birth plan, answering questions and helping to affirm your choices. As soon as labor begins, we provide continuous physical and emotional support through labor and the delivery of your precious baby! Upon delivery we stay with you for the first few hours of life to support you in the beginning of your breastfeeding experience. When you get home, it is our joy to meet you there and help with any postpartum questions and to talk through your birth experience. It is an honor for us to support you through such an incredible journey. Are you still wondering exactly what a doula does? Click here to link to our blog with more details: What is a Doula?
- A complimentary “meet & greet” consultation. We’ll get to know each other, and you’ll get to know more about who we are and what we do!
- A comprehensive pre-natal appointment to go over your individualized birth plan; discuss any questions you have about the birth process; delve into your ideas and fears in regards to labor & delivery.
- Continuous communication as your pregnancy progresses.
- 24 hour on-call support either by call, text, or e-mail.
- Labor & Delivery support including emotional and physical support, massage, positioning, explanation of medical procedures, and birth plan support.
- Post-partum breastfeeding support and guidance.
- Post-partum follow-up visit to provide any additional newborn baby guidance and give you your baby’s birth story, which we personally write.
Our unique qualifications include:
- Certified Lactation Education Counselor (CLEC)
- ICEA Trained Childbirth Educator
- CPR/First Aid/AED Trainer
- Graduate of the prestigious South Coast Midwifery internship program
- Extensive experience in home, birth center and hospital birth
- Experience utilizing various childbirth prep methods during birth including Bradley, Hypnobabies, Birthing from Within & Hospital Classes
- Experienced in natural birth as well as medicated birth and c-section care
- Resources for birth photography, childbirth prep classes, midwifery care, OB recommendations & post-partum breastfeeding support